Wednesday, March 2, 2005

What should I do with the camera?

From the comments:

Lauren says: Ebay is a very addicting place! I have gotten some nice things from there, but it makes you want to go back all of the time :)

Eva says: Of course buy a new DC ! The replacement battery price is almost 20% to a new DC (with 5 million pixel !). If you buy a new one, at least you can use 3 years or more. Good pics are essential to a blog, right ?"

Right on! Good pictures are essential and it's even more so as I need it to show hubby's watch goods on eBay. And you gals want to see my stitches too right?

But uh...so you see, I haven't quite decided yet. This is the shot I got from my friend's Canon camera (it's a little blur; perhaps I was wobbly?) I probably need a tripod as well.

Can you gals leave me a comment to let me know what cameras you use? I am thinking perhaps when the next computer show comes around, I will go check out the deals.


For anyone who remembers, this is the top that I was making for my galfriend's one-year-old son. She wanted a garment that her son could grow into. But this thing grew into a monster that I could literally fit myself into!* (or was it me who didn't read the instructions carefully?) [Story of Snow White's seven dwarfs come into mind.]

Actually in this instance, I was grateful that I didn't start with the sleeves. I just crocheted the armholes to neaten it and it became my casual top. There are some short-rowing on the front so that the neckline isn't exactly gagging me whic is good. But I am not showing a closeup coz it looks holey where the wraps are.

It seems that Debbie Bliss also have the habit of designing toddler clothes that are 30 - 32 inch wide so that it's easier for them to put on or take off. Honestly...that's a little too much! Makes me feel like shopping at the toddlers' dept...just GIMME the largest size anytime!


*At the end of it, if you care to know, I made another baby size top by staying up through the nite to get it in time for little boy's birthday the next day. This time, I must have made the neckhole a tad too small. And no photos coz his mom stuffed the garment into one of the boxes as they are moving. tsk, tsk.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use a Nikon Coolpix (I forgot the model no.) kinda slow but okay for me. I recently bought a jacket from Zara girls, size 16, fits like a glove :D)

Doreen on Wed Mar 02, 04:48:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi,

The top looks nice on you :)

Anonymous said...

I use Canon IXUS v3.

I recommend that shop which i have bought two cameras from. (The reasons? Please ask me in private. ;-) )

FYI, the next computer show will be on the coming Thursday, 10th March.

Anonymous said...

This top fits you so well, amazing. Hope you're having fun seaming up miss saffron,
erin

Chie on Thu Mar 03, 10:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you for leaving me a kind comment, emy! I'd be so happy if you link to my blog, but I'm going to change the title of my blog soon... so I suggest to wait till I do so. ;) That way, you won't have to update your link soon after you put it here. :)
That toddler top is nice on you! :D If I were you, I'd be happy it fits me, and I get to keep it. :)
My camera is Fujifilm FinePix.

Anonymous said...

I too have found Bliss baby patterns to be huge but luckily in the case of my nephew he's a big boy. As for my digitals, I have an Olympus C3040Z that I use for "real" pics, the other a Canon Elph 4-something. I carry the Elph with me everywhere. My fav features: size of a pack of cigs, automated lens that doesn't stick out when not in use, very durable.

Anonymous said...

I love the Olympus Camedia! So much that I have two.
And that shirt looks great on you - who cares what size it's supposed to be!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.