Wednesday, March 2, 2005

What should I do with the camera?

From the comments:

Lauren says: Ebay is a very addicting place! I have gotten some nice things from there, but it makes you want to go back all of the time :)

Eva says: Of course buy a new DC ! The replacement battery price is almost 20% to a new DC (with 5 million pixel !). If you buy a new one, at least you can use 3 years or more. Good pics are essential to a blog, right ?"

Right on! Good pictures are essential and it's even more so as I need it to show hubby's watch goods on eBay. And you gals want to see my stitches too right?

But uh...so you see, I haven't quite decided yet. This is the shot I got from my friend's Canon camera (it's a little blur; perhaps I was wobbly?) I probably need a tripod as well.

Can you gals leave me a comment to let me know what cameras you use? I am thinking perhaps when the next computer show comes around, I will go check out the deals.


For anyone who remembers, this is the top that I was making for my galfriend's one-year-old son. She wanted a garment that her son could grow into. But this thing grew into a monster that I could literally fit myself into!* (or was it me who didn't read the instructions carefully?) [Story of Snow White's seven dwarfs come into mind.]

Actually in this instance, I was grateful that I didn't start with the sleeves. I just crocheted the armholes to neaten it and it became my casual top. There are some short-rowing on the front so that the neckline isn't exactly gagging me whic is good. But I am not showing a closeup coz it looks holey where the wraps are.

It seems that Debbie Bliss also have the habit of designing toddler clothes that are 30 - 32 inch wide so that it's easier for them to put on or take off. Honestly...that's a little too much! Makes me feel like shopping at the toddlers' dept...just GIMME the largest size anytime!


*At the end of it, if you care to know, I made another baby size top by staying up through the nite to get it in time for little boy's birthday the next day. This time, I must have made the neckhole a tad too small. And no photos coz his mom stuffed the garment into one of the boxes as they are moving. tsk, tsk.

9 comments:

Siow Chin on Wed Mar 02, 04:00:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I use a Nikon Coolpix (I forgot the model no.) kinda slow but okay for me. I recently bought a jacket from Zara girls, size 16, fits like a glove :D)

Doreen on Wed Mar 02, 04:48:00 PM GMT+8 said...

Hi,

The top looks nice on you :)

Cara on Wed Mar 02, 07:30:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I use Canon IXUS v3.

I recommend that shop which i have bought two cameras from. (The reasons? Please ask me in private. ;-) )

FYI, the next computer show will be on the coming Thursday, 10th March.

Lauren on Wed Mar 02, 08:26:00 PM GMT+8 said...

A toddler top that fits you? wow! Well, at least it looks very nice on you, Emy!

Take care!

--Lolly
http://lollygirl.com/blog

Anonymous said...

This top fits you so well, amazing. Hope you're having fun seaming up miss saffron,
erin

Chie on Thu Mar 03, 10:13:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Thank you for leaving me a kind comment, emy! I'd be so happy if you link to my blog, but I'm going to change the title of my blog soon... so I suggest to wait till I do so. ;) That way, you won't have to update your link soon after you put it here. :)
That toddler top is nice on you! :D If I were you, I'd be happy it fits me, and I get to keep it. :)
My camera is Fujifilm FinePix.

toni on Fri Mar 04, 12:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I too have found Bliss baby patterns to be huge but luckily in the case of my nephew he's a big boy. As for my digitals, I have an Olympus C3040Z that I use for "real" pics, the other a Canon Elph 4-something. I carry the Elph with me everywhere. My fav features: size of a pack of cigs, automated lens that doesn't stick out when not in use, very durable.

Dominique on Fri Mar 04, 12:47:00 AM GMT+8 said...

Ce tricot est très joli !

Sarah on Tue Mar 15, 12:17:00 PM GMT+8 said...

I love the Olympus Camedia! So much that I have two.
And that shirt looks great on you - who cares what size it's supposed to be!

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.