Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Slow week

Everyone's getting excited about CNY (Chinese New Year) that's gonna take place in 2 weeks' time. I am not. Somehow, on the contrary, I am having this inner-monster that's pulling me back into the deep, dark and unknown. A little too temperamental, some might say.

For the good news: I've been RAOK'ed!
Like I mentioned, Siow Chin's sent me a ball of very interesting yarn. It's called Tabby Tail by Richmore. She's finger crocheted a fabulous scarf with it on
her blog, go see it (Jan 17 entry)! Mom's laughing when I explained to her the meaning of the yarn name.


From the comments:
Thanks to Mona and Siow Chin for your concern regarding my allergy. I don't think I am quite affected by pollen (in China, I was perfectly ok tissue-less most of the time) so I would really like to think that my body's telling me to take an away holiday like what Siow Chin says! (grin)

And to Laura, please contact me when you arrive Singapore and we'll meet ya?

Now, onto my projects:

Lady Saffron is taking her time
Now that the front and back pieces are done, I am going to progress with the sleeves. I *do* know why many knitters are so not into tiny gauges of 7 sts to an inch.

Mariah is doing a closet dance
I was really tempted to purchase some yarn from
Knitpicks to make Mariah. But I got held back by the amount of yarn that's rapidly invading the house. Hubby's getting *concerned* but he's not showing it. (note to self: Have RESTRAINT!)

Yeah, and I recalled that I have another 6 unused skeins of Super Butterfly Cotton of the similar colour for Fairisle/cabled sweater.
Remember this? I am really surprised, looking back at the archives that it's a WIP sitting around for about 2 mths! I really need to fix it.

The Butterfly cotton as I recall will be off in gauge as opposed to what's required for Mariah, so I think I'll just do upsize knitting? (note to self: Check Butterfly gauge and see if upsizing will work!)

I'll say I start on her after CNY.

Hello Kitty KAL
I've gotten the pattern. Again, just need to read and check gauge before I start knitting.


With all these new projects plus those in various stages of WIP, one will think that I need to morph into an octopus so that I can work on various projects simultaneously.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wanted to order from KnitPicks too but they don't ship ex-USA and Canada.

Siow Chin

Anonymous said...

Oh, too bad for you, Siow Chin. At least at Singapore we have the Singpost USA can handle with those merchant don't ship outside of USA. ;-)

Cara

Kitty Kitty on Sat Feb 05, 01:02:00 AM GMT+8 said...

I was wondering if you could please post more info on the yarn. Like the brand, it is a little hard to read and any other info you have on it. I MUST FIND IT. Thanks so much... It is so awesome I am jealous.

 

Webrings I am on

Vintagefusion Knits and Crochets Copyright © 2011 Photos and written content all by Emy unless otherwise indicated.